WHAT IS LOVE? Dare I say it– I think it might be this palette.
I think my love for Hourglass products has been well documented on here. It’s a brand that consistently creates beautiful and luxurious products. So, after falling in love with their Edit palette from last year, I had to have this one too.
Hourglass Surreal Light Palette
This palette has 5 powders:
- Ambient Lighting Finishing Powder in Surreal Light– a sheer nude
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Surreal Bronze Light– neutral tan with Surreal Light marbled through it
- Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Glow– pale peony pink with Surreal Light marbled through it
- Ambient Lighting Blush in Surreal Effect– cool pink rose with soft, warm peach
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Surreal Strobe Light– glimmering peach
First of all, can we talk about the marble packaging? The marble aesthetic is still going strong, and I’m not mad about it.
The Finishing Powder in Surreal Light is the largest powder in this palette, and the rest of the 4 powders are the same size as the powders in the Ambient Edit palette. If the size of the Ambient Edit palette turned you off then I’d steer clear of this one since it’s the same size. Side note: if you’re having problems finding brushes that fit the smaller pans, I gotchu covered.
Overall, the powders perform the same as their regular full sized powders. They’re pigmented, easy to blend, and look seamless and untraceable on the skin. The reason I love HG powders so much is exactly for those reasons. They’re not powdery, chalky, patchy or hard to blend. Basically, it’s everything you want a powder to be and not to be. No question about it.
The price is pretty steep, but honestly the Ambient Edit is my most used palette in my collection. Although I still think the price should be somewhere in the $60 range since you don’t get a huge amount of product, it is very versatile and all the shades in this palette are new.
♥ ♥ ♥