I love the holidays mostly because that means I can douse myself with glitter because, lets be honest, who doesn’t love doing that?! So, in honor of this glittery holiday season, I created a makeup look with bold winged eyeliner and a pop of sparkle!
1. First, start out by moisturizing and priming your skin. Then, cover up any redness with a green concealer.
2. Since I have blemish prone skin I prefer my makeup to be full coverage so I use an orange hued concealer to cover the green concealer I blended in. If you don’t have really problematic skin you can skip this step and jump straight to applying foundation.
3. Brush out your brows and fill them in. Then, set them in place with a clear brow gel.
4. Highlight under your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, cupids bow, chin, and eyebrows to brighten those areas. Make sure to use a concealer that is a few shades lighter than your actual skin tone. Then, set your whole face with translucent setting powder.
5. Contour the hollows of your cheeks, your temples, and down your nose.
6. Apply a flesh-toned cream base all over your lid up to your eyebrow. After, apply an eyeshadow that is the same color as your skin or something very similar. Then, apply a warm soft brown color in the crease. Do not bring it into the “v” area. You want the soft brown eyeshadow to look like it is a slightly winged out, but only in the crease.
7. Use a black gel liner to create a dramatic wing. Then, on your lower lash line use a sparkly or glittery eyeshadow (mixed with a mixing medium) or a glitter liquid liner to create a wing on the bottom as well. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with a gold color. Also, apply a natural colored blush to finish off your face makeup. Don’t forget to set all of your makeup with a setting spray when you are done!
After applying mascara to your top and bottom lashes, apply falsies if you like. Then, you are done with your eye makeup and it should look like this:
Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+
Primer: Benefit The Porefessional
Green concealer: Maybelline Correcter Concealer
Orange concealer: MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW30
Foundation: Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan Honey
Brows: Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Deep and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
Cream highlight: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette in Medium
Translucent setting powder: Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Translucent Pressed Powder
Contour: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep
Blush: MAC Melba and Gingerly
Setting spray: MAC Fix+
Cream eyeshadow base: MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Lid color: Urban Decay Naked
Crease color: MAC Soft Brown
Gel liner: Essence
Lower lash line: Stila Metallic Eyeshadow Vintage Black Gold
Mixing medium: MAC
Mascara: Clinique Lash Doubling and CK One Color
Falsies: Kiss Lashes 01 (I cut them in half and then applied them only to the outer half of my real lashes)
Inner corner highlight: MAC Retrospeck
10. MAC lip liner: Shore Leave (limited edition Hey Sailor collection) || YSL lipstick: Rouge Volupte #13 Peach Passion
11 & 12. Revlon Matte Balm Stain: Shameless
I hope you all enjoyed this look and want to add some sparkle to your holiday makeup look!