Glossier’s solution to the pesky problem that is dull, blemish prone, textured, and uneven toned skin is their new Solution— a 10% AHA, BHA, PHA liquid exfoliator. If you know me then you know I’m A L L about chemical exfoliators (hello Complex Beauty The Godmother, Drunk Elephant Babyfacial, Sunday Riley Good Genes, The Ordinary Glycolic Toner, and all you other beautiful AHA/BHA laden products). But, instead of a serum or face mask, Glossier have gone the toner-esque route, and it can be used daily– morning or night.
I received this just the other night so as of yet I’ve only been able to use it twice (though I wish I could use it more than once a day). The night I received it, I applied after cleansing, and it didn’t sting or burn *mind you I’m used to acids* and it left my skin feeling refreshed. I topped it off with Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream, and when I woke up, my skin was looking v glowy and healthy. I haven’t used it long enough to see major results, but will report back!
Compared to other liquid exfoliators…
I have a couple in my collection already– The Ordinary Glycolic Toner, Pixi Glow Tonic, CosRX BHA Power Liquid, Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid. But what’s different about Glossier’s is that it contains a mix of the following instead of one main acid over the other:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) Glycolic and Lactic acid: Water soluble acids with a tiny molecular size that can penetrate deep into your skin for maximum efficacy. They break down bonds between weak cells so they exfoliate away easier, encouraging cellular regeneration for smooth, bright, soft, and plump skin.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Salicylic acid: An oil soluble acid that is perfect for oilier skin types. It moves past the oils of the skin and goes into your pores to break down oils and debris that commonly cause blemishes.
- Poly Hydroxy Acid (PHA) Gluconolactone: These give similar results to an AHA while being gentler because of their larger molecular size and possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
It also contains their “anti-stress complex” aka niacinamide (read more about it + other skincare ingredients to use here), aloe, which is very soothing, and glycerin, a humectant naturally found in skin that hydrates and keeps skin plump.
A few things:
- It comes with a push down pump, my fave
- It’s not super expensive at $24 for 4.4 oz
- Make sure to use SPF daily! Esp if you’re exfoliating. The Glossier Invisible Shield SPF is now permanently $25 instead of the original $34
- Along with the Solution they released cotton rounds, and they ship free with Solution for a limited time with code SOLUTION. (They are back ordered right now so the cotton rounds will ship separately starting 1/22)
- I’m a rep so you can always shop my link here! First time shoppers get 10% off :). If you do use my link, I make a small commission, and I’m super grateful to anyone that chooses to!
Once I use it more often, I’ll come back with a full review!
Are you going to pick this up? Do you have a fave exfoliator? Let me know in the comments below!
Follow me: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Shop this post: