Flaky skin is not a cute look, but unfortunately my skin has decided to dry up on me, and I’ve been trying to get it back to being smooth and radiant– that is where Valentia comes in.
This is a new brand I’m glad I discovered because I’ve been healing my dry skin with Valentia products, which contain some amazing ingredients.
The Good |
- Organic and natural
- Smoothes skin
- Beneficial ingredients
The Bad |
- Not available in stores, which can be a problem for some
- Eye cream pump pumps out too much product
The Valentia True Glow Eye Cream* is perfectly named because the nourishing ingredients really moisturize the under eyes and gives them a glow.
Some key ingredients that make this eye cream so great are:
- Astaxanthin: A powerful antioxidant that increases moisture levels, smoothes fine lines and wrinkles, and restores elasticity to the skin.
- Resistem: Natural plant stem cells repair and protect the skin from harsh environmental pollutants and stress related aging.
- Vitamin C: Leaves the skin smooth and visibly brighter for a well-rested and bright eyed look.
- Organic rosehip oil: Provides intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Arnica: A key anti-inflammatory agent to the restorative process that works to diminish the appearance of dark circles.
I like to use this day and night, and it works well under makeup as long as you let it sink in, which is quick. I always like to apply eye cream before doing my makeup because I feel as though my concealer and setting powder look better and less dry when I do. I like that this eye cream has a pump, but the only downside is that it pumps out too much product, and can sometimes pump out all over my finger instead of just on the tip of my ring finger, but that’s a minor issue and doesn’t take away from the product at all.
The Valentia Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask* is one I was really excited to try out because remember how I mentioned my skin is flaking off? Well, this was a much needed product to help calm down the flaky patches– that sounds so gross, haha.
The key ingredients in this mask are:
- Silk protein amino acid blend: These increase moisture content and help in the production of collagen and elastin, which decreases the appearance of visible lines.
- Botanical hyaluronic acid: Penetrates deep into the skin to secure moisture and plump skin from within.
- Organic sea buckthorn oil: An anti-aging berry that results in fewer fine lines, diminished sun spots, more even skin tone, and firmer more supple skin.
- Japanese green tea: Contains catechins that provide anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritant effects to the skin.
- Aloe vera: This botanical moisturizes skin and fights aging by improving skin firmness.
This mask is quite jiggly, which is different from the masks I own, but I simply take a Wet n Wild foundation brush to apply a thin layer all over the face. There’s a slight tingliness, but it’s not uncomfortable and goes away. After about 20 minutes I like to wash it off and my skin looks and feels smoother, brighter, more glowy and more hydrated.
All in all, I’m impressed with these two products that have been helping my dry skin. I love that the brand is more organic and natural and contain beneficial ingredients. Plus, the brand isn’t too expensive ($25 for each product) so you can still have good skin on a budget!
* Gifted in exchange for my honest review. Read my disclaimer for more info.
♥ ♥ ♥